Prep & Cool Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes>
- 1 Jicama (1lb) peeled and cut into 1/4 inch-thick fries
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and fit it with a cooling rack
- Place the jicama strips in a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave for 15 minutes. stopping once to gently stir.
- In a large bowl toss the jicama fries with the olive oil and the spices. Arrange on the cooling rack. Bake 45 minutes until browned. Serve immediately!
Calories 145; Fat 7g; Carbohydrates 20g; Sugar 4g; Sodium 289g; Fiber 11g, Protein 1g